FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My pacman & Giant Pixie babies
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:53 PM   #26
mitch_rz
Maybe Canadian pricing for the crickets? I don't know. All I know is that I needed alot to start up a colony and also to feed Kermit at the same time. I'm keeping the setup outside in a small greenhouse and seeing how well that will work. When the eggs are layed, I will incubate the containers inside in my basement.

Thanks for the offer, I heard there is some major paperwork and time delay involved with transporting wildlife across the border. The guy who runs the Expo also owns herps close by to me and I'll just contact him soon about obtaining one. I'm sure he won't guarentee a female though and I'm not really willing to settle for an adult pixie (because of possible different feeding habits.)

I just fed Kermit his first pinky, he downed it in one gulp. Now I have to wait and see what his next move is: stew or poo. I'm guessing a bit of stewin' and his poo'in is expected tomorrow or Tuesday. Another question I have to post here... does your frog poo and urinate in his water dish? My frog seems to exclusively wait to do his business when he is in the water dish, and not in the substrate. I was thinking that he does this because when I first bought him he was in a little critter keeper with just a bit of water at the pet store. I think that because he was raised in the water he adapted to using that as his washroom since it was also his temporary home (when you got to go, you got to go.) If it's just the frog's nature to do business in the water then these guys are really smart and instinctively know that the water is a changeable substance. They also know when to leave the water as soon as they're done their business. Very cool.