FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - "mike" BD ad on Kingsnake.com
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #51
Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
This is the LAST thing I would think of doing in this situation. I do not think there was anything fuzzy or uncertain about this transaction, colorful dragons were advertised, colorful dragons were pictured, money was sent to buy the aforementioned colorful dragon, and a plain normal was sent.

This seller should either give a total refund and allow the buyer to keep the dragon, or should send at his own expense, a colorful dragon which was advertised from the getgo and STILL allow this buyer to keep the normal. For the buyer to shell out any nore money for shipping would be a travesty of justice.
OK Lucille, I'll play along.

Check the terms on MANY peoples websites. A lot of them say if you are not satisfied with the animal and you let them know within the guarantee period (provided that there is one) a replacement animal will be sent. Only after the original animal has been returned at the BUYERS EXPENSE. I feel both sides here screwed up in diffrent ways. I think it would be a "travesty of justice" for either party to spend more money on this transaction than already spent.

I don't see either of them as "bad guys". I see a couple people who are probably learning a good lesson in internet business. Right now the seller has $75.00 and the buyer has a "normal" dragon. At least they both have something to show for this transaction. It's called cutting your losses, Lucille. Or they can keep fighting back and forth and ship this and ship that to the point that this $75.00 dragon ends up costing $300.00 and they are both out time, money and dragons. That's why I think they have to ask themselves if $75.00 is worth all this hassle...................

That's why I said they should both just walk away. I certainly don't agree with your "freebie" philosophy in your last paragraph. No one side deserves to be out "completely" in this transaction. Mistakes were made but it's possible that they were innocent and no great "scam" or "rip-off" was uncovered.