FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Albino Ball Python Died!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 07:58 PM   #152
David Reid
Thumbs down Grasping at straws???

It seems as though the unhappy buyer, errr, person who eventually ended up with the albino ball is grasping at straws in this thread.

1) In the herp business (much like the stock market), if you cannot afford to lose it ie-$2500, then do not spend it. Snakes are animals, some stronger than others, some taken better care of than others, some genetically inferior to others, some just not born to make it. If you feel your snake was genetically inferior, then you have to have some information to back that up. So far I have seen nothing to back your claim. Now, if 3 out of 5 babies from your ball's clutch died......, then you may have something to talk to the seller about. As it is, you have VERY little if anything to complain about.
2) You did not directly purchase the animal from the seller. For an expensive ball, I would not trust anyone but myself to make the purchase. Then, along with how many other snakes...your animal made a 1500+/- mile trip in a truck. How was it taken care of by your "partner?"
3) If the ball ate a couple of times and then spirals down hill, it appears that it WAS healthy, and then took a turn for the worse.
Who's fault is that?

It just appears that the buyer did many things that COULD have led to the demise of HIS ball python...

Dave Reid
Hoggwildreptiles