FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Beware of Jeane Best & Wendy Childs
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #1048
CheriS
OUCH

Barry, I had not seen the dragons you purchased from her, I had already read the other threads on Ms Childs/Best a long time ago and updated them yesterday, but just saw this "other" thread on here and the photos of your Rankins(Lawson's) on page 5 of that thread (this is not this thread) you got from her.

Those dragons you got from her look really bad, Lawson's are not suppose to look like anoles or iguana's with long narrow bodies, they are suppose to be plump with a rounded body. The man who originally identified and named them, was calling them Dumpy Dragons for awhile before they were formally named, as even in the wild where he got his first specimens from, they are short and chunky. I know they are new to you, so you might not be aware what they are suppose to look like. Here is a photo of two healthy ones I have close up and sleeping

Please compare these to yours photo on page 5 on this thread here that your got from her, those are very unhealthy looking dragons http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...00&page=8&pp=5 If they still look like, you can PM or email me and we will talk what can be done to maybe get them healthy again.

You or others do not need to take my word for it alone, here are photos from some of the original & best breeders of these dragons in the US (these are their photos and I do have permission to use them for research and educational reason with acknowledgement to them)

Healthy Male- Atomic Lizard Ranch

Healthy Female- Sundial Reptile

This is what these should look like, anything else and they are not healthy, something is wrong or they are not pure species. As you can also see these have very rounded heads, no beard either, unlike the two you were sold, which certainly are hybrids, not pure as she advertised on reptileauction