FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Really Weird molting......among other things
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
hhmoore
"I asked my local snake expert at the petstore" sorry, really that isn't directed at you, but that statement kills me (and SOME petstore people really DO know about snakes)

That is a 6year old snake?? Boy, that means I was off in tank size, lol - that's what I get for skimming.
I just scrolled up & looked at the pics a little closer - considering that the standard dome for an IR fixture is 10", I'd be inclined to up my guess to a 30 long...except none of the other size relationships support that. I have a hard time calling it anything over a 20. Luckily, it doesn't really matter, lol, other than giving some idea to the possible temperatures/conditions. The perceived size of the snake is really not much more applicable to the situation. Let me make sure I have the info straight.
*You have had the snake for 6 months.
*He is having frequent sheds, and significant (and recurrent) scale shedding.
- I am having some difficulty distinguishing how often the snake does either one, though. Since they are different processes, and likely have different causes, you must consider them 2 different things. How long has the frequent shedding been happening, and how many times has he shed since it began. Is there any visual indication of irritation (reddened areas, etc), regardless of the source?