FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Would you attend a yearly herp show in Minneapolis?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:25 AM   #6
The BoidSmith
I might consider being a vendor but I definitively would spend quite a bit of money in a show like that. For us in the Midwest having a show towards the end of the year has its risks (weather wise). On the other side, and for similar reasons, it's also the time of the year when I'm more reluctant to buy animals over the internet and have them shipped. Same goes for shipping them out, too much risk involved for the animal's health. It would be nice if we could have some other potential vendors express their opinions in here. Maybe "we" could organize something ourselves without having to rely in someone else to do it for us. We should start by getting Bruce from Twin Cities Reptiles giving us local support. There are many other pet stores and individual breeders that might consider attending. The key is low table costs and high attendance, that means advertisement in magazines and word of mouth. Although I'm nearly 4 hours away I'm willing to be part of a committee to organize such an event. I'm in a crazy mood today!

Regards!