FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hybridization for Morph creation
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Hybridization for Morph creation

Was just wondering peoples takes on this. Other peoples views, and ideas on the subject of introducing genetic mutations into some of the locality specific boas. I mean, people all ready are doing it, and have been for some time. And I do not mean crossing the ssp barier like an (Argy x Colombian) Albino called Bubblegum for example, but staying within the BCI ssp. Example would be the Sunsets.

And another thing too. When people try to cross these locality boas, and you see things like 75% Colombian and 25% Hogg it would appear that they are trying to introduce the hogg into the Colombian line. How about the other way around? Say introduce the Colombian mutation into the Hogg line? Realistically you will never get it back to pure Hogg again, but neither is the Salmon Hypo pure colombian, but its a well accepted addition to several Colombian morphs.

Anyway, I really don't want to start a war or debate of ethics here. I understand very well some concider this a touchy subject. I happen to be supportive of keeping the localities just as they are. But I am also open minded or curious enough to wonder......What would one of them Hondurans look like as an albino? Or one of those Red Hypo Nicaraguans as an albino or Sunglow, or Ghost?

Oppinions of both kinds welcome. Share what you think.
Rick