FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - I am SO MAD!!!
Thread: I am SO MAD!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
I am SO MAD!!!

Stopped into the Siam Zoo today to check on how things been going. Turns out new owners, and LOUSY CARE of ALL the herps in the place.

All the snakes are having bad sheds, water dragons have what looks like MBD, and then they got this little bitty Boa. Smallest thing I ever saw, that just didn't look right at all. Cage was marked S.A. Boa Constrictor. I'm thinking No way. So I ask to look at it, and she says that one just came in, and it's CB.

To my HORROR she pulls out this boa that is on it's last legs. Stomatitis is so bad that the boas mouth was sealed shut, and literally BUBBLES with every breath. I believe this boa is a dwarf of somekind, probably CA, but has a sort of Nic look to him, so thats what I am calling him for now. Yeah, I am a total HEEL. I bought the snake, and rushed it to the Vet since the girl behind the counter was freaking out on My reaction, and couldn't get the owner on the phone to authorize vet care.

I told them I will be back with the proper people, and these husbandry problems better get dealt with. I also offered to help them get it right, and get a better supplier if this is what they are sending them. I am working on who he bought this boa from.

So ME, Mr. Gullible, is the proud owner of $412.42 CA boa, (after vet and meds) that I have no use for, and will probably die on me anyway. I just couldn't let this guy sit there and die though, so I'll give it a go and see what he turns into if he lives. He's 12 inches and 54 grams, and looks to have retained a couple sheds on his head. I have him in a humid tub in the rack in Quarentine. I will start on him in a little while. Both eyes have retained caps.

Anyway, a couple pics while he's softening up so I can work on him and pick in his mouth some. I hate having to do that!

Anyway, he's got some color underneath the bad treatment, I hope he makes it. If he does, I'll update with progress pics.

Thanks for looking,
Rick