FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Topic Line Edits .... Deletions .... What's Up ?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
Chameleon Company
Topic Line Edits .... Deletions .... What's Up ?

Site Admin,
I did not want to resurrect the "Dennis Hultman dabbles in more than reptiles BAD GUY" thread to ask you what the meaning of the following is, but this is a paste from your own "Rules For Posting in the BOI ....Required Reading". It addresses the debate raised in the latter part of that thread concerning decision to not lock, move, delete, add an "editor's note", or edit in any way the thread title.

Quote:
Rules For Posting on the BOI ....Required Reading
Please note that inflammatory, malicious, or derogatory statements in the topic line are not appropriate and will be edited or deleted as needed.
This would compare to a statement by DT in the thread:

Quote:
Dennis Thomas, post # 86
I can only think of one time a thread title was edited to fix a spelling mistake and we were told point blank by Rich not to do it again. That is why you see threads locked and the poster told to start a new thread when they leave someone's name out of the title.
Your "Required Reading" TOS are a contract. The only way I can read the above two statements harmoniously is that any such edits must be done by Rich, as Dennis only states that "we .... were not to do it again", and "we" was not defined. The assumption would be that "we" meant other super-mods. I do not see a harmonious reading of the "Required Reading" paste and the decision of site Admin to not take an action regarding the DH thread. If you have changed your policy since that part of your TOS (revised 27 Jan 07) was written, is not an edit of the "Rules for Posting" (TOS) prudent?