FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Columbus Show is Getting Crappy.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
curteye
I don't think asking everyone who brings an animal to the show needs to register it.1st off it would lead to longer waits to get in.secondly most animals brought to the show by individuals are more frequently sold or traded to vendors than to other people.thirdly this a show for herp hobbiest to interact and show off thier animals and make contacts.to say there are only 5 people you would buy from is an unfair statement to many that set up there.remember this is a local show and a chance for local people to sell and buy reptiles. if you want to deal only with the top breeders in the nation then dont go to local shows and save your money for daytona and the like.also as stated earlier by somebody summer shows are always slower and the old building was nicer.If you increase the price to enter you will simply drive away more people,the opposite effect of what you want.if you need to place blame somewhere then try blaming the state.the show has never been the same since thier raid a few years back.smaller breeders need a show and the fact that you don't know them or they are not a large well known breeder does not mean they don't produce quality animals.everybody has to start somewhere and most start out at the local level.remember the reason many come to the shows is to save money over regular retail prices.i'm sure robbie hamper is doing the best he can to keep the show running as smoothly as possible.i have been going to the show for 7 years now and have seen it's up's and down's but overall it is a good show and if you dont like it go to indy or cleveland and see if you like them better!