FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #32
cookreptiles
e-mail correspondence for the transaction is as follows, with the most relevant items highlighted in red:

To: emily@cookreptiles.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:01 PM
Subject: trade

Emily,hi. sure I would be interested in trading some bps for cresteds, not looking for tiny babies. have a couple of 06 male pastels, some 05 hold back females that i produced last year. I do alot of pastels,mojaves,spiders and end up with alot of normals.which is ok with me. looking for 1.5 right now.all different colors if possible.may do a larger trade after yhis one.the females that i have are in the 250-350 gram range.I still have more than I want to keep and can send you some pics.heres a couple that I grabbed out of the baby rack.what kind of value do you put on the 1.5 group?

ps all my stuff is as clean as you will find.

Emily Cook <emily@cookreptiles.com> wrote:
Hi Ed,

Your females look good! I would love to get my hands on a mojave or spider male but that may have to wait until you want to do a larger trade.

The value of a 1.5 group depends entirely on the animals and their individual worth. An nice 1.5 group would be worth about $700 while a more high end group would be more like $900, so it just depends on what you are looking for, but I can easily put together a mixed group of colors/morphs and unrelated geckos for you. I have both males and females but most of my females are not breeding age/weight yet. Most of my available females are in the 5-9 month old range so some of them should be ready by the beginning of '07 if that works for you.

Thanks!
Emily

To: Emily Cook
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:50 PM
Subject: Re: trade

Emily.put togeather a group of 1.5 older ones for 700.00 send to; ed clark
[address removed]
i will photo some nice females(2005's) and start sending you pics. for you to choose from. a fair trade would be me sending you 6 captive bred females.
I will pay shipping on my end. fedex
you pay to ship the geckos to me.
im really expecting some nice geckos for the 6 ball pythons.
if this trade goes well, I have plenty of mojaves and spiders.
if you want to check me out. fauna classifieds, boi. user name ED CLARK

Hi Ed,

I just got finished feeding and cleaning gecko cages and picked out a nice 1.5 group for you. The male is a nicely structured patternless red and unrelated to the females. The females are an assortment of morphs and colors. I have louped all of the females to check for pre-anal pores and at this time they show none, but just in case one of them does turn out to be male (I am 99% sure they are all females) as does happen from time to time with cresteds I will send you a replacement female free of charge. All I ask is that you send me a photo of the gecko showing that is has in fact turned out to be a male. Basically this just offers both you and I protection, so that you get a correctly sexed gecko regardless, and so that I have to opportunity to fix things should a gecko turn out male after several months with you. While it isn't likely that this will happen, with crested geckos every once in a while a male will develop late and throw things off.

How would you feel about trading this group toward a mojave or spider male? I will send them to you and you can check them out and think about it. If you decide that you want to go ahead and do a larger trade I will ship however many more geckos it takes to reach the value of a mojave or spider. If you decide that you do not want to do a larger trade you can go ahead and send me the 6 females. I am not in a rush to get the snake(s) because I am moving sometime between October 6-15th (depending on the final closing date on the house) so it would be better for me not to receive any new snakes until after the move, so if you need some time to think about it you can take all you need.

How does next week look for you as far as receiving the geckos? I can ship any day Monday-Wednesday. They will be shipped via UPS Next Day Air and I will provide you with a tracking number as soon as they go out, which is generally after 5:30pm since I like to wait until later in the day to drop them off.

Thanks and let me know what you think,
Emily

Date: September 27, 2006 4:30:13 AM EDT
To: Emily Cook <emily@cookreptiles.com>

Emily, I can hold off on sending you your end of the deal. I have a clutch of mojaves that have recently hatched and would consider trading a male out of that group, I really hate selling these morph babies but understand thats the plan. over the past 2 years I have built up a group of 80 plus females and have decieded that I need to sell off about 70 of them thats what all the ads are about. Im making alot of people happy with them though. I really dont know how many geckos I'll end up with, got those 5 off of the guy from nebraska and yours, thats a nice group to start with. shipping on monday would be good. Thanks ED

Date: September 27, 2006 1:54:07 PM EDT
To: <cmrcpythons@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Re: trade

Hi Ed,

That sounds great. I think that some of Tanner's females are close to or perhaps ready to breed already so that will help you get a little head start.

What is the trade value for one of your mojave males? I want to go ahead and start pulling some geckos to hold for you for the second trade group so I'm sure I have enough when the time comes.

I will ship your geckos out Monday evening and will send you the tracking information once they have gone out.

Thanks!
Emily

Ed,

I shipped your geckos out this evening via UPS Next Day Air. The tracking number is 1ZX8101R2492679150. Please let me know when they arrive so I know they got there safely. I hope you like them!

Thanks,
Emily

Date: October 3, 2006 10:24:17 AM EDT
Subject: Re: tracking info

Emily, hello. recieved the geckos in good condition. got to get them warmed up now, let me know when you can handle the ball pythons. thanks ED

Date: October 3, 2006 4:26:31 PM EDT
Subject: RE: Re: tracking info

Hi Ed,

Thanks for letting me know they arrived. Hopefully they will all color up for you tonight so you can see them looking at their best :-) Just so you know they are all unrelated except that the red dalmation female and the dark chocolate/orange flame female have the same father.

Just let me know when you want more... :-P

Thanks,
Emily

Hi Ed,

Just wanted to check in and see where we stand on the trade. I am all set up and ready to go now, so I can receive a mojave or some normals or anything else any time :-) Just let me know what you want to do.

Thanks!
Emily

Date: October 31, 2006 12:26:11 AM EST

Can ship tuesday for wednesday. if my heat packs come in tomorrow. ED

That works for me, just let me know for sure which day. Here is my shipping info:

[address removed]

Thanks!
Emily

Date: October 31, 2006 2:21:15 PM EST

Fedex tracking # will be there wednesdau am 8582 6414 3514 please let me know that they arrived safely. Thanks ED

Date: October 31, 2006 8:25:16 PM EST

Emily, the 4 in the big bag eat rats. the 2 in the smaller bag eat mice. but that can change. one of those needs a 10 minute soak, you will see her she has a stuck piece of skin on her face. I seen it, but did not have time to soak her. would have missed fedex. ED

Date: November 1, 2006 11:47:30 AM EST
Subject: RE: Re: trade

Hi Ed,

The girls arrived safely and all look great. Most of the skin on the one girl peeled right off. I am in the process of switching my one mouse eater over to rats right now so I'll just add these 2 mouse eaters to the process :-)

Thanks again,
Emily