FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Roy (lena_whttkr@yahoo.com)---- Bad buyer (Beware)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
CDAreptiles
Just clearing up some details....

I appreciate all the replies so far....

Just to clear up one detail:

I am not a rescue shelter in any way shape or form. Many people localy know I own reptiles and I get a constant number of calls asking me to take in unwanted animals. I DONT ACCEPT ANY ANIMALS. I am not looking for free animals in any way shape or form. I have paid for every animal I have (spent $7000 on snakes this year alone). I came across and "rescued" these lizards only because they belonged to a very close friend who was going through a very difficult time and begged me to take the animals in. I admit I made a mistake in taking in animals when I knew little about them, but for the two years the animals were in my posession I followed exact specifications which I read online. I fed the right way, provided the right temperatures for every animal and necessary lighting. All animals were feeding, shedding, and acting as care sheets described they would do so in my ignorance I thought the animals were in perfect condition. The reason I decided to adopt them out now instead of two years ago is that I needed the space which they were taking up and decided that it would be best to find them a new home rather than move them to smaller enclosures. No I never felt I was the most appropriate person to have these animals, but as I previously stated they seemed fine therefore I felt I was doing the right thing after all.