FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dan Scolaro bad guy.
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:01 AM   #39
Mckenzie_river_reptiles
Considering my age....

Firstly I don't think age has anything to do with it, but since you are so interested...? I will tell you I am a 17 old guy that Likes to breed and raise reptiles. I spend nearly every penny I make on reptiles, mice and feeder insects. I care for my animals as a true hobbiest, not someone one that is more interested in the money. I co-own reptiles with my Dad who has raised reptiles from childhood. So I get knowledge and husbandry from him and other people. I put fourth alot of effort to take care of the animals that I have, I will never sell an animal that I believe to be unhealthy, even though I have sold very little seeing as I have been working my way up towards more expensive reptiles. I had never been ripped of before, so I was rather nieve and dumb. It is depresing to me to know that there are krooks even in this hobby/bussiness that I love so much.
Considering my Dad: His story is this; when he was at his climax at raising reptiles mostly coloubrids, boas, and albino burms. he orderd a large shipment of about 60 snakes from a wholesaler, unfortunatly he quaratined them for only 1 month. one of the snakes had star gazing syndrom or something like that. It spred quickly and infected his whole colony, killing all his Boas and pythons! He sold most of his coluobrids, but always worked with a few. At about 15 I started to collect reptiles cheep stuff, bred it sold it and have worked my way up, not high but a little bit. Also My Dad never stated that he was going to break in and steal your reptiles! That is ridiculous! He stated that Bob Clark got his whole colony stolen, and my dad and Bob were upset at how the reptile industry was turning into more of a money thing than a love for reptiles. I'm not against breeding reptiles and making a great profit!

I don't understand why my age is a problem with you. I would think you being a "full grown man" would have the integrity to do fair bussiness with a fellow breeder, especially the future of the reptile industry!

I agree that maybe it is hard to sex pink tongue skinks, but me and my Dad have looked at them and observed them and believe that we were shipped 2.2, but the female died, making it 2.1. Dan sent me sexed animals that were sexed by him. So ask Dan how he sexed them...

This is my input on Dan Scolaro (DTS Herps) is not a good person to do bussiness with, he changes his mind, TOS, and makes stuff up!
In the end he has your money and you got bad quality reptiles!