FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adeno Thoughts
Thread: Adeno Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #26
Beardiepal
I only want to say one thing

I know that as soon as I came to Fauna, the 1st private message was from Tracie asking me to have my dragons tested. I made statements on the other thread that I felt had some validity but I felt that I was not informed enough to make any definite comments about AV in our beardies. I am still not and will never ever portray myself as someone who does. All I know is that my veterinarian saw no point in testing my dragons because of their obvious healthiness. I hope I am making the right decision-I feel that I am. I do believe that attempting to find out more about AV would be a good thing, but making some of us less experienced hobbyists feel that we are sentencing our own dragons to death by not having them tested, or that we are not contributing to help the AV cause and ultimately the whole beardie nation, is not the way to lead a campaign. I have already said that there are far other issues that seem to be brought up with our dragons that seem to have more substance simply because you hear about them more. I never heard about AV again until I came here. I had the posts from about a year ago from Wendy-I don't know her- and it did scare some of us. But is this and a few other AV sick dragons isolated events? Frankly, if my dragons are positive, I hope the reason they are healthy is because their immune system is so healthy it keeps it in check and in balance in their bodies-much the same way our immune systems work. What good will it do anyone to find they have healthy adeno positive dragons? Just because they are positive does not mean they will infect the beardie nation does it? I feel it means that we have a strong population of beardies who may have been in contact with this virus and their immune systems have adjusted as God gave it to them to do so, thus making the beardie population stronger. So I have said my 1 cents worth, because I don't have the knowledge of breeding like you all do. I breed and have maybe 6-8 clutches a year. Thanks all of you for allowing me to put in my 1 cent worth. Take care all Beth