FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - New price order?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #23
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns6068 View Post
I agree with others that the market will probably be fine. It will take time though. I see no need for price changes as most prices are dropping anyways. Other then that being said, the prices for snakes I could care less personally myself. I'm in the hobby 1st as a love for reptiles. I will cut back on other things before doing so on my snakes =) While I'm new to breeding snakes and yes one of the ones who at this point can't sex thier own snakes...I see learning how to do so as part of what I'm looking forward to in this hobby myself. I've always had snakes growing up and I just wanted to take it a step farther and be able to learn how and produce some of the morphs I like. Instead of just dropping $2000 on a morph and getting it tommorrow. I see more enjoyment and value myself of making that morph myself that I want reguardless of what it's worth in 3 years. I'm not and never will be in this hobby just for the money. Nothing against those who are. I wish them the best and hope they do well
Something though I could never put a price tag on and the ecomony will never change would be some of the awesome folks on here and off here I have met while getting more into this hobby To me their friendship is more valuable then any snake I'll ever produce
agreeded.... somewhat

I started off this hobby back in '91 .... and it didnt take long for it to grow into an obsession. The first time I saw an albino BP it was going for around 30k .... at that time I knew I had to get one. Well I finally got my albino last year.

My life pretty much revolves around my obsession... lord knows its cost me a relationship or two..... but for me... it just made since to try and make a living doing something I love. Im not to the point I can quit my day job.... but one day I will be... and then I'll be happy.

Even though Im starting to breed to make a living... I will always have snakes that will just be pets... primarily my 'hots' and a few local species.

Even though Im running my hobby as a business.... it is still a hobby to me... and something I dearly enjoy. I cherish the day I can walk away from work and deal with my animals on a full time basis.

Even the cage cleaning doesnt bother me.... but then again... Im not producing the quanity that Rich and Kathy are either