FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The PROOF that venomoid snakes are not safe!`
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #60
hhmoore
Honestly, Christian, your depiction of the way an error could be made is pretty pathetic.
Quote:
have a few drinks, watch a movie, and at the same time perform a full adenectomy with my eyes closed.
I'm not belittling any vet's abilities, but to suggest that they'd have to be impaired, distracted, or half asleep in order to mess up is ridiculous...and makes a mockery of this dicussion. I doubt that Dr Sabatini would suggest that this is anything but an intricate procedure that requires not only the aforementioned intimate knowledge of the anatomy of the venom production/conduction system, but the skill to carry out precise, detailed excision of said system. Reports I have read indicate that it is relatively easy for even a knowledgeable veterinarian to either miss a little, or remove some muscle/tissue that is not part of the target. While removing a little extra is no great problem, except for the need for more cosmetic filler, missing a little could be all the difference in the world to the keeper.