FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #62
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dberes View Post
Did I miss something? Steve says his animals were stolen, but it sounds like the landlords locked him out, because bills weren't paid. Laws vary from state to state, but here in CA if you fall to far behind on your rent. People can lock you out eventually and auction off your stuff to recoup the money lost. This time live animals were involved which makes the situation unfortunate. How far behind on the bills was Steve? That seems to be an important question here that is missing (or I missed it). You usually don't get locked out for being behind a months rent. Was it 1,? 2? 3? or more? The landlord does have a rights here to. He has the right to try and recoup money lost. I agree with everyone that there is more to this than meets the eye. In my opinion we are walking blind, because Steve (only in third person) and Chris aren't talking on here. We know the landlords, newspapers, and police aren't going to tell us anything on here. We're just piecing together a few details that could be true or not.
How the residential (I'm not sure if there's a difference with commercial) landlord/tenant system works in PA is as follows (I myself am a landlord and did have to do this):

•A signed 30 day eviction notice must be physically handed to the tenant (this must be witnessed by someone on "your side")
• After that 30 day eviction notice is passed, charges to remove the tenant must be filed through the court house or magistrate
• You can not have the tenant or his/her belongs removed until after the court makes a decision on the matter
• After the court makes a decision, the tenant is granted an additional 15 or 30 days to vacate
• After those 15 or 30 days are up, the tenant can be locked out and any property remaining becomes the property of the landlord