FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - The Columbus Reptile show was Raided by Fish&wildlife officers
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 09:54 AM   #91
Dragondad
Future

I have to agree with Evan here, as much as I feel that PIJAC is a worthwhile organization and a great source of information, and probably very much worth a donation, they do not solve the problem. As an individual who at the present has only reptiles and any future business will be with reptiles I am looking for an entity that primarly concerns itself with the reptile trade. Or more simple put will PIJAC be able to fight a worthwhile battle for an excemption of albino black ratsnake from the laws pertaining to black ratsnakes. PIJAC is another voice to be heard but in concert with the herp community not to rely on it in its own right.

What we are getting is a government organization (state DNR)that is taking the laws vague terminology and using it to its own end. Ohio isnt banning reptiles, their just making it so hard to own them that its almost the same thing. And forget about bringing any into the state for sale that fit into classification of native. And then you wonder if the next step is stop internet sales to the state of OH by forcing them to adhere to the same laws. Use of a simple term of "imported into the state" has a far reaching potential.