FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Cricket Deaths?
Thread: Cricket Deaths?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 02:42 AM   #12
bullfrog100000
Hey I was browsing, I have had the same problem lately w/ the crickets. I'll try some of this . But I do have them in a large tub, w/ lots of egg crate space. I have been getting thousand lots or 2000 crickets at a time now for several years. But this is the first I've had this happen so consistently. I toss them greens and various fruit couple or more times per week. change their wet dish every other day feed them mostly the jars of cricket feed. The basement is cool, around 68 degrees, though my last basement was much cooler,like even cold at times and I didn't really have this problem more then once or twice when the temps really dropped. Right now they have a ( dark) night lite to be sure they are warm enough at night, if the temps are super cold I leave it on during the day too. I'll definitely try some of this, cause the 14 new Beardie babies are going thru 1500 crickets every ten days or so. Money, money, money.. I've never had this happen so much before and seems actually like I'm taking better care of them then i used to! I've seen a few things here and there about cricket breeding. If you know a trusted source on it I'd like to know. I might give it a shot. Thanks G.