FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Truth Behind Carolina Reptiles/ NCREPTILES
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
Keleida
I'm not going to comment on Carolina Reptiles since I haven't read much about them, and will be doing so tomorrow at a more reasonable hour. However... if you're so concerned about the animal's welfare, why aren't you reporting this to the proper authorities? I know for a fact that if he's keeping two dogs in solely wire cages (you didn't state that they were let out, so I'm left to assume they're kept in there indefinitely), an agent from a human society would have to look into it at the very least.

Maybe I'm just shooting for the stars in this scenario, but oh well. I at least mentioned it.

Also.. I know this is a touchy subject, but ..

To me, if a man hits a woman, there is no excuse. For either of them. No man (or woman for that matter) has the right to inflict pain on their spouse/partner. No spouse/partner should allow it to happen. I know when you're in the situation it's tough. I have to deal with people who are in these scenarios on a constant basis, but never have they used it as an excuse to allow more abuse to occur. I'm happy you're getting yourself out of that situation, but you should have done it much earlier, instead of enduring three years of domestic violence.

Maybe I'm a little harsh in thinking that if you aren't willing to help yourself, I won't pity you. You are helping yourself. However, allowing more abuse is appalling. Instead of coming here, I'm thinking you should have taken ALL necessary steps towards a solution. I'm basing this solely on what information you have provided.