FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Exotic Pets (Ken Foose)
Thread: Bad Guy Exotic Pets (Ken Foose)
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
Ken Foose
Hello. First and foremost, I'd like to say that I'm sorry that the customer is not happy with me. Having said that, here's what happened, since she did not include her emails to me about the boa, only my responses to her emails. I have none of her emails saved, by the way. First the tail. It is missing about 1/4 inch of the tail, at the very most. There's no bone protruding, and no other problems with the little guy. She commented on the tail, and I offered to have her return the snake to me. In an email that she wrote to me, she said the tail was really no big deal, she just thought she could get a discount for it (paraphrasing here). I told her no, and that I would refund her purchase price and the shipping to her if she did not want it, and that I could not pay to have the snake shipped back. She said she'd keep the snake and that the tail did not really matter to her. I figured that was that, and that she was happy. However, a day or so later she emailed me and told me the snake was very aggressive and she was "thinking" of returning it. Now, the snake was very mellow here, and never attempted to bite or strike. It eats f/t small adult mice placed in a separate container, and has never refused a meal. I can put my hand in it's enclosure and pick it up with no threat of being bitten. That was the case before I sent it out, and is the case now also. I told her I could refund her money for the snake, but I would not refund the shipping either there or back. No one can really guarantee the disposition of a snake, especially a baby boa. She sent the snake back and I promptly refunded her money for the cost of the boa. The snake was fine, and she had no problem with the tail it seems.
She returned the snake because it was not showing the temperament she wanted at the time. She did not return it because of the tail. I do not refund shipping for buyers remorse, but if I screw up I don't hesitate to give the buyer their money back. I think that about covers it. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to respond.