FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy MIKE WEST (BAD GUY), COEUR D ALENE, IDAHO
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
lizardmaster1
Angry MIKE WEST (BAD GUY), COEUR D ALENE, IDAHO

Hello all. I just wanted to put out a warning for doing business with Mike
West of Coeur D Alene, Idaho. I've done business with him in the past and didn't have any problems. However on March 18th, 2009 he ordered a 10 lot of sulcata hatchlings from me. He contacyed me late in the afternoon on a wednesday stating he needed them shipped that day because he needed them for a reptile show that weekend. He sent me a moneygram that day for $512. In good faith I shipped the tortoises before cashing the moneygram because fed-ex was closing for the day and he needed them the next day.
Turns out Arizona has a $499.99 limit on moneygrams so I was unable to cash it. MY BAD!! I asked him to get his moneygram refunded and resend it as two payments of $400 and $112. He said he would after the show that weekend. Since then he will not answer my calls or respond to the voicemails I have left him. I know I shouldn't have shipped before cashing the moneygram but he needed them for a show and I had done business with him in the past so I thought I was O.K. to ship. I won't do that again!!
I informed him in a voicemail that if I didn't receive payment by 3/28 that
I was going to send an email to the masses explaining the way he does business. He didn't care enough to even return my call.
Many people have responded to the email I sent out and said they too were victims of this guy and that the late afternoon contact for an upcoming show is the way he got them as well.
I don't want this to happen to anyone else so I'm sending this out.
It's guys like this that give us a bad name.
I've always been straight up with all my customers and expect the same from whomever I deal with. If any of you would like to call him and see what his excuse is his number is 208-625-0760. He won't answer my calls but he might answer yours. Maybe 100 phone calls will get him to change his ways.
To those of you who know me or have done business with me, you know that I'm a straight shooter. To the rest of you..ask around..I doubt if you can find one person who has had a bad experience dealing with me.
I hope all of you are doing well and never get it stuck to you like this.
Have a great day!
Thanx, James, Woody's Reptiles 602-309-5711