FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Firefox Question
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Firefox Question

Does anybody know where firefox stores Bookmarks created, and where the password keeper is stored? Looking for the path to the actual file, and maybe if you know the file extention, that would be awesome too.

Explanation...Sunday night, just like every other Sunday night for the past couple years, I ran Norton, Spybot, Adaware, and AML registry scrubber. Monday morning, no problems found by norton, the others found their usual stuff and deleted them, and so I finished up and restarted.

Well, somehow a file RoxWatchTray9.exe caused a runtime error causing programs to terminate in an unusual manner. It left me with no windows services at all, no print, no copy or paste, no LAN, no system restore, or norton, or other programs, just would not launch. Sorta like safe mode or something, but msconfig said otherwise. Disabling all roxio products from start up and services didn't help at all.

Played around for a good 3 hours, and ultimately installed windows to another drive, and booted from it. I'm able to view all the files on the other drive now, and want all my years of saved stuff back. I already managed to copy over a bunch of stuff, but I can't find where firefox keeps it's bookmarks, or the password keeper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rick