FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Ware is evryone at ?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
CSdeadboy
If you are receiving hots through the mail, you are doing a huge disservice to the reptile community. It is not legal to ship any snake through USPS but were a hot to be discovered in the mail system, it would generate a lot of news that would set back the reptile hobby.

I have not yet ordered, just said that seems to be my only option. Now My address is in Harris county, my residence is in Brazoria. I volunteer at the animal shelter a total of 16 hours a week (8 sat, 8 sun) It is widely known I own venomous. Before I took possession of my snake I contacted animal control. animal control did not have a clue, told me to be careful and told me I was crazy. At TPWD no one had a clue, so they called a fellow in Austin. He told me what I had was fine, to be careful and that I was a nut job, and that If ever needed to find another home for it to give him a call. Also, I use "mail order" as a generic turme. I am fully aware of how hots are shipped,what is acceptable, and what is not. This is why I am looking for a reputable dealer like Gherp Farms. I apreceate your concerne and thank you for your input.