FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Ian of Outback Reptiles
Thread: Bad Guy Ian of Outback Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #93
Ralphieeeee
Here's the e-mail I sent to them after going to the vet. I also showed some people pictures of the fecal matter and they told me it might be crypto so I got a little bit worried.

5/13/2009 6:21 PM
To: orders@outbackreptiles.com<orders@outbackreptiles. com>;

Hello,
I talked to Ian when I called last week about my spider ball python that I thought had internal parasites. I was told that there was no way possible of buying a snake with parasites since your snakes are all captive bred. I just got the results today on my snake from the vet which I went to on Monday. The spider I purchased from you had Hookworm, which should now be gone from the de-worming my snake was given. The fecal exam also showed nematodes which the vet told me could be a sign of Cryptosporidium. The exam is being tested again to see if it has Cryptosporidium for sure. When I go back to the vet for some medication for my snake, I will most likely give the vet another fecal sample to see what's still going on with my snake. I purchased this snake from you in White Plains, NY at the reptile show on Sunday, April 19th for $200. I've already spent $117.00 on vet bills and even more money once I buy the medication for my snake. The vet consisted of a checkup, fecal exam, and de-worming. The snake has been showing signs of sickness since the first week I had him. When it defecated it was all liquid and of a horrid smell. When the vet got a fecal exam from the snake, there was also blood in the fecal matter. Another symptom of the snake being sick has been drooling after drinking water. I don't think it can swallow that well. Also, it will not eat frozen/thawed rats/mice or live as well. The vet told me if it really has Cryptosporidium, to probably find a new home for it since it will harm the rest of my collection. The snake is in quarantine in a glass tank with heatpad, heatlamp, newspaper bedding, with water bowl and hide. The snake is in another room so hopefully none of my other snakes catch it's sickness. What can you do for me since I've gone through all this trouble from buying a "healthy" snake ,from what I was told, from you guys? Let me know. Thanks.

-Ralph Turner

---------------

I had been switching the sick snake in between a glass 30gal tank and a small rack I had no other snakes in because I would bleach/clean the tub/tank after the snake defecated.

I was never e-mailed back, but I'm sure I wasn't being ignored. They probably don't check their online stuff much, I don't know.