FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Okeetee corns
Thread: Okeetee corns
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 09:46 AM   #34
Hawkeyeherps
Up until two weeks ago I had a 14 year old single corn snake in my collection, my first corn snake, whose parents were taken from the Hunt Club in the 1970's. She was as locality as one could get and except for the thick black blotch borders, was as normal looking as one could get. I could never sell her or her offspring as Okeetee because most people that I have talked to at shows expect a certain look rather than a locality. I have crossed her to bolder colored snakes to get the blotch borders and deep colors that I want. I now sell, and will continue to sell, those snakes that fit my personal criteria as Okeetee phase. I could give a poop about locality, but I don't make any false claims about it either. I have no ill will towards those who maintain pure locality Okeetee corns but, in my opinion, the expectation of the public has been towards color rather than locality. There are plenty of ugly South Carolina corns and the fact that they came from the Okeetee Hunt Club does not make them an Okeetee phase corn in my personal opinion.