FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - hwo to get liscence/permit for venomous in NJ?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
reticguy76
those responses seemed pretty harsh. ill tell ya, my first 3 snakes ever in my life were 3 17 foot or bigger retics, my next was a timber rattlesnake. all of them were going to be given up (or possibly just released knowing my old "friends"), so i offered to take them. it was the best experience i could have asked for. that was quite a long time ago. lookin back, it wasnt the smartest thing for a young kid to do, but i did it. i see absolutely nothing wrong with obtaining any snake that is legally able to be kept. however, i cant stress enough to do as much research as you can (its just like anything else, you can read about it until you are blue in the face, but experience is where you learn the best and quickest), and buy cbb babies from reputable breeders/people. whether its a hot or a large constrictor species, getting cbb babies will generally produce easier handling babies, generally disease free, and you get to grow with your snake as it does. learn the very subtle ways of them. just do your research as best you can, be prepared with whatever you decide, provide it with ideal and optimal housing and feeding conditions, and most of all, use your God given natural common sense.
good luck with whatever you decide to do or get