FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - For Sale 3ft Male green iguana needs home
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisevil View Post
There are many iguanas that live a good life being wild in FL just not by where I live and they are meant to be wild so it is not a irresponsible thing to do. Especially when no one wants the iguana. Do you rather it be miserable all its life living in a place that is too small?
It is a non-native species to Florida that has no natural predator to keep their numbers in check. They are meant to be wild in the natural range of where they come from, and Iguanas don't come from Florida. They established themselves here in Florida via the pet trade and irresponsible owners releasing them.

When you rescue an animal you have to know and understand that you may stuck with it forever. The responsible thing to do when you rescue an animal is to care for it or find some responsible to care for it. If you cant do either, then its simply no better off then who you rescued it from.

Your heart is in the right place, but your thinking certainly isn't. I can cite many reasons they shouldn't be released but I'm sure it wouldn't change your opinion.