FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Deans Reptiles
Thread: Bad Guy Deans Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #186
burmguy420
The original breeder of the BCL bos was a Micah Denton. I have tried to reach him but I have had no luck. I have never had any neurological issues with any snakes that I have had or I am sure someone at the reptiles shows would have noticed or sadi something to me. DAND is there at every show. i am trying to do my part to make sure that this did not come from a snake in my collection, which there are very few of. I agree that the quarintine of this animal on my part was not 6 months but I have seen many other breeders and wholesellars sell animals faster or as fast as I have. If I had a lot of bad animals I am sure DAND, Dave, would have notice at the show sometime in the past 4 years. I am not trying to defend or lighten this situation I am hopeing that my animals are all well. I am trying to contact the original breeder to see if I can get test from other babies or the parents because as it looks now this IBD came from the original breeder and not either of our collections. I do truely hope that everything goes well for everyone involved. I have also been doing good quarantinemeasures. I bring all new animals home and isolate them from others to see if there are any issues. IBD is a very crazy diease and since there is not much known about it it sucks to figure out what to do. In most cases the animals show signs of IBD like regurgitation, loss of muscle contol like not being able to upright themselves, and rapid weight loss. What is weird is that the BCL did not have any sign until the day it died. Most of the cases I have read about show that the animals have these signs or symptoms for a short period of time. The BCL had seizures that are like what they do when they have tumors and are trying to bite them out of them selves. This is a case that show how IBD is unpredictable and can come on quickly. I have emaile Dr. Jacobson of the University of Flordia to see what his take is on this situation.