FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #106
jeff_fox
FYI

Sloan is in St. Paul during the winter months where he is apparently a session guitarist for a record label. He spends June-August in Del Rio. Josh Sawyer is a student at Sul Ross and rents Sloan's house in Del Rio during the school year. I've met both of them and they are two different people. Josh in much younger. They both have heloderms and a lot of them. I saw probably 50-75 of them. Now I don't know one heloderm from another, but they had what looked like retics, bandeds and beadeds based on size. I did not even know that beadeds even got to be almost 4' ! The beadeds all looked different with some being almost toally black and somne like the retic gilas and then there was one that was mostly black with double tail rings - weird. Not sure if they were trying to rip you off, but they had a lot of gilas and beadeds. I also know Sloan got a permit to collect Mexico and brought back a haul of montane rattlers, alterna and heloderms. They had rattlers I'd never seen or heard of. Last time I saw Josh was in August on the Juno road collecting.