FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - About the BOI and it's future here...
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
sincitydragons
forgive the legally uneducated...

I never realized, and I know is niave, how much of a legal threat the boi was. I guess I figured that as long as what was posted was not slander there was no room for a law suit. I think that the more I see in the BOI the more opinions I see and I can see where someone may get into trouble over an opinion. So here's my thought...
I know that most of my friends that are aspiring breeders usually don't have the money off hand to pay for memberships to place classified ads and thats why they come here. While it's great to have a free place to put up an ad I don't think that most of us would have a problem paying a small percentage of each sale to the website similar to the way ebay is set up. The difference would be that you would only charge the percentage of the sale whereas ebay charges for pics and bold print and all that junk. This way people don't have to pay for an ad unless they sell something and then they're giving you a little something for helping them do that. Of course this would be some work setting it up but I'm sure there are people here who would help. I think that this would also bring in more money for your retirement than relying on contributions to the BOI. Obviously you would have to work out the details on controlling payments thru the website but it's something worth considering I think.
As for me I'm gonna go edit some ads to include.... (5% of sale goes to the BOI)