FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - UNDERWEIGHT bearded dragon
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
TheTurtleTracker
Dieing? It would break my heart if that were the case.
As for Tirza's size, I think you are right. She is probably larger than I thought (being a full grown adult). I will measure her and post that as soon as I get home.
As for Tirza's appetite:
She certainly relishes the pinkies (which are, of course, not alive) and keeps them down easily. She delights in chasing down crickets and mealworms in fa frenzy. She gobbles in berries of all kinds (rasberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, etc.). She will eat a romane heart salad with diced squash, zuccini, and cucumber any day. She will literally dive into apple suace and slurp it all up (although she hasnt had it in a long while because she made a HUGE mess in her cage the last time). In the summer she gets tropical hibiscus blooms and leaves a couple times a week. She has a strong liking for shredded carrots as well.
On occassion I will use Jurassidiet Bearded Dragon Food (never any of those cheap unhealthy brands). I cannot say none of this is my fault; I have so many animals that for a day or two they may not get fed (but the Smithsonian zoo only feeds their beardies lettuce and crickets only twice a week, so I think its not bad for them).
In short, she does eat and she eats well.

I am also concerned about how much time she spends on the cage floor in the sand. Being arboreal, she should be up on a log basking more often than she sits in the sand flattened out and basking. Again, it is probably because of the difficulty she has with climbing.