FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Witblits dragons - true patternless beardies
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #79
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by witblits View Post
Jeez DragonLover how can you make a statement like this?
Firstly we cleary state to all buyers that the genetics of this morphs is not known. And the rest of the info is simple: it is a new morph, must be genetic, true patternless, stay patternless, beautiful.
That is all the info the guys want to hear.
I promise if you were in my shoes, right here in SA, right now, then you would have done the exact same thing! I'm not a novice keeper. In fact I regard myself as a top breeder with alot of knowlegde on reptiles, genetics and their health. So why then don't I replicate this morph as I should be doing (you said it, and I have said it before that it would be the right thing)? 1) Because of my limited resources, namely feeder insects and variety of dragon morphs (I previously mentioned 'gene pool' but this was the wrong words.) and then 2) The fact that they are trying to implement a law making that bearded dragons illegal in SA! Yes so why risk all this, keep on 'playing' with the morph and one day insenerate them all... Pointless. That is why I have decided to send these animals overseas 'early'. The guys buying these animals know this. You would have if you read the website...
Basically there are two buyers. One is the collector who just wants a witblits as a 'pet', to complete his collection. Here it realy doesn't matter what genes these carry. He knows they are worth alot, both in price and in looks, and this makes his whole collection worth much more. Then there is the breeders. The guys buing these are the pioneers in bearded dragon breeding. They are taking the 'risk' and wil reap the awards! As they say risk = reward. These guys will produce morphs like solid red witblits, translucent witblits etc. It doesn't realy matter what trait this is to them because the less they know the more 'playing' around with it they have. And they know it has potential no matter what gene this is.
So the point is I had to sell them. No point in being selfish and keep it to myself and then it all goes to waste. Anyway if I had bred them longer and thus multiplied them the money would have been the same.
The first translucents were just as expensive.[b]. (I have lost a few but that was due to canabalism and heat stroke when they were in the care of another breeder).
These guys are on te market. And they have all the right to be there. They are not cars...
But you would have a good knowledge of the dragon and could answer every question that was answered instead of being in the dark about somethings..
There you have it the translucent went for 3000 dollars there and here they went for at most 1000 dollars! So there is your price difference. 3 to 1
How many witblits have you hatched?

The witblits dont die? Maybe there not weak i will go with that. what will they be after you inbreed them? an to say "they dont die", there like any other dragon. you just havent had a weak one yet. And when you reproduce these guys your going to have to make them weaker before you can make them stronger.
Thats right there not cars, there a living breathing animal that is fragile and irreplaceable. But if i was the one selling them for 4000-5000 dollars i would want them on the market too.