FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - UPS and Shpping Snakes (a chance at legitimacy)
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
Mickey_TLK
UPS and Shpping Snakes (a chance at legitimacy)

I have been going back and fourth with UPS for nearly a month trying to find suitable means for me to ship live animals via them. In the process of negotiations, I have found we may have an allie on our side inside the corperation. I recieved an email, that had communications back and fourth from my sales rep to a corperate guy named BRAD COOK (nrb1bxc). The letters in the ( ) I believe are a corperate id tag. Im not sure what his email is, but Im sure with some digging we can find it.

The reason I started this thread is this. I have this corperate guy Brad Cook on email stating to my sales rep that he has spoken many times with people up the ladder about shipping non venoumous snakes. From the comments made in his email to my rep, it sounds like he thinks its a sound business decision. He is also well aware people allready ship snakes "under the table" with ups.

I feel if enough of us directly email Mr Cook, explaining the amount of business that UPS could generate would they openly accept HARMLESS, NON VENOUMOUS, SNAKES.

We may even need to come up with a guidline for what would be acceptable to ship UPS. Maybe we need to start with asking them to openly ship harmless non venoumous snakes that are under 4'. I have a feeling the thought of a 20' Burm in a UPS truck has them nervous.

Anyone who wants to help me track this Mr Cook down, and would like to communicate with them on this option please contact me. I will email my sales rep later today, asking for Mr Cooks email addresss from her.

I can also forward the email with the comments made by Mr Cook to anyone who is interested.

Lets all work together to see if we cant show this corprate giant what kind of money they could make if they were to OPENLY accept live snake shipments. Anyone contacting Mr Cook should explain the amount of shipping, stress that its their premium services, and the realities of the snake market (i.e. we would like to openly ship BABY snakes). Again we should start with smaller snakes as it will likely be our best route.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles
402-934-9906