FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Rick Wells / rwells69 (LIAR and STORY FABRICATOR)
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 05:33 PM   #1
uf_g8or
Thumbs down Rick Wells / rwells69 (LIAR and STORY FABRICATOR)

Would like to warn everyone about Rick Wells aka rwells69 out of Nevada...he is a story fabricator and liar and cannot be trusted!

A couple of weeks ago he posted a thread on here calling be a bad guy, after he previously posted a good guy post about me.

Rick and I agreed to make a trade involving a white lipped python that I had acquired in another trade that was originally from Ben Siegel. This python was a LTC of almost a year and was completely healthy from what I could tell. He ate/defecated/shed regularly and had the normal wlp attitude but was gorgeous nonetheless. I spoke to Rick on the phone before we traded. He asked me about the wlp and I told him everything above mentioned. He said he liked having his "breeders" agressive and looked forward to getting him. We both shipped on the same day to arrive the next day.

Well the boas I received from him were fine and as described. He received the WLP and was happy with him. I even called his wife to make sure that the python had arrived and was okay. Rick then emailed me and said that he was in perfect condition and healthy and still warm from the heat packs. He also stated how he struck several times, but again that he liked having his "breeders" be aggressive. Everything went well it seemed...or so I thought.

Then I get an email from Rick 9 days later stating that the WLP had died! I was in shock, I couldn't imagine why he died. The weird thing is that Rick said he died just 4 days after receiving him. I emailed Rick back and said how sorry I was that this had happened and asked why he waited 5 days after the snake died to contact me. (Rick had my email address and phone number). He stated that he was "in shock" from the snake's death. Again I emailed him back and asked him if he knew what caused the death and had he had a necropsy done on the snake. The all of a sudden I see a bad guy post about me on here!

I emailed Rick to ask him what this was about and he said since I didn't offer any compensation for the loss of the WLP that he would post this. He wanted me to give him money for the WLP that I TRADED him! I told him that there was nothing that I could do since live arrival was the only thing guaranteed. And again, he let me know about the snakes supposed death 9 days after he received him and 5 days after the snake actually died. I told Rick this was absurd. I don't know any breeders or an individual who would have a guarantee for more than 24-48 hours yet alone 4-9 days. I don't know what type of setup Rick had the WLP in and I shall not be deemed responsible. I'm not sure if the snake had any internal parasites or not, but he was treated properly and was healthy in captivity for the previous 11 months. I asked Rick to get an necropsy done but apparently he hasn't. And Rick stated that he got burned yet again after being in the business for 25 years...yet nobody I know has ever heard of him or done business with him. And he also said that he has several "unique" and "one-of-kind" species of snakes (leucistic burmese) and also some apparently protected species that he owns, yet they are located around the country at friends houses so that others can't find them or have access to them. He lets his buddies take care of his snakes that he claims are in his care and possession!

Then I get an email from Rick stating that it was actually only 3 days after he had the snake, that the python died. So now he decides to change his story!! I told him how is it that he forgot when the snake died and how come he waited so long to contact me!

Rick stated he thought I was a very nice guy and he didn't even want anything in return for the supposed dead snake, but he just wanted me to offer him compensation and that he wouldn't accept anything!!! Sure, first he wants compensation for him and then suddenly doesn't? And he keeps changing his mind and his story!

Well, of all the people I have dealt with in this business in this hobby, Rick Wells is the only one who has ever complained about my animals or has fabricated such a story! Everyone else who has bought or traded with me, has been 100% satisfied!

I truly believe that Rick has either fabricated this entire story or accidentally killed the snake himself (he told me the humidity and temps he had the WLP at, and they were off considerably)!! I feel I should in no way be responsible for a snake that supposedly died after being in someone else's care for several days!!

Rick Wells is a liar, a story teller and should be avoided at all costs. He is the type of person who can easily tarnish this business/hobby and the names of those who enjoy it!!

This is my complete story and the TRUTH!!!
Thank you for your time and understanding.

Those of you who have done business with me before know my character and the quality of my animals, so I don't feel the need to have to defend that!

Thank you,

Michael Rehker