FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #252
tommyhil4_6
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
She gained it ALL BACK. I am not a vet nor do I claim to be. She came to me and wouldn't feed. I got her from a friend who I had gotten 5+ snakes from previously. I know it wasn't his fault. She lost weight, fed every so often and gained it all back. Several pages back someone pointed out my numbers may have been from a full weight to an empty weight, hence the jump. Since it's been a year I honestly cannot remember. Her weight when I got her was more than likely full or had something in her because she pooped a week or so later. I cannot explain her weight loss but through it all she never looked deathly skinny. She was slender, as any picky eater will look.

Sarah, I really try with my snakes. To the point where I'm failing school because I'm more focused on them. Which is why we are temporarily getting out. I cannot explain her weight loss. I really can't. But she gained it all back. I would not sell a snake that lost that weight and never fully regained it. She came to me at about 1500-1600 grams and I sold her at close to 2000.
For future reference I suggest you weigh all snakes on a weekly basis, if not weekly... definitely bi-weekly. I weigh my snakes often to insure proper growth and health. It also gives me knowledge to pass to potential other owners of any I choose to sell down the road.

In this day and age, there is a camera on everything....