FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Dangerous wording on letter to congress re: salmonella and reptiles as pets
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
Rob BryertonRKK
Hi, I agree the wording is very dangerous. This Salmonella thing has initiated many of these uneducated Bills in New York State. The latest is the Tonko Bill A07375. Purpose of the Bill and I quote: "To ban the ownership of exotic animals as pets in New York." IMHO terrorists have killed more people in NYC than Salmonella has killed in the entire state since it was a state. So why are these politicians spending so much time and our $$ on this?
Sorry, This stuff drives me crazy!
Listen to this. They have passed a law here: Wild Animal Notification Law 209-cc section "(5) all venomous snakes and all contstrictors and python snakes that are ten feet or greater in lenght:and(6) Crocodilia that are five feet or greater in lenght." (I only mentioned the #'s regarding herps.)
If you own these you must go and register with your village or town hall in order to protect firemen and emergency service personnell. "The States Fire Administrator in consultation with the Dept of Evironmental Conservation, shall develop and maintain a list of the common names of wild animals to be reported."
I don't own a snake that will make it to ten feet? but I'm still concerned about this law. If the Tonka Bill passes they will already have names of people that will be violating this law and then they can make them surrender their animals for euthanasia. Then after that's done what do ya bet they'll go after the rest? Very Scary. The Tonka Bill was initiated by PETA and HSUS. The first is not surprising but HSUS? WOW. IMO, I love THE US, I was in the Army 6 years, but if every state outlaws HERPS I'm outta here! And when we all leave, then the lawyers and politicians can pick up a gun and defend this Great Country. I bet they'll forget about the dangerous wild animals then.LOL.
Sorry this is so long but everyone in every state should be abreast of the bills in their states regulating herps and be prepared to fight against and not VOTE for these people.
Thanks, Rob