FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Are you a LURKER?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:05 PM   #87
BigTattoo
There should be a semi-lurker option.

I think I would qualify as a semi-lurker. I post where I have information I feel may help or contribute in a hopefully positive way. I avoid drama and flame wars with a passion. I was real active on here and KS up until several years ago and the "good ol' boys" and the flamers/trolls can make it somewhat undesirable to participate.

I also enjoy posting on "fun" threads as well as my posting on this one. It seems that quite often I'm too late to the party by the time I post. This thread is a prime example as the OP hasn't posted on here since 6/09. LOL Day late and dollar short once again.

I've posted on some threads of recent acquisitions and the posts go totally ignored. This reinforces for me the "good ol' boy/girl" sociology of some forums. Where others who are part of the network can post pic after pic and get numerous responses.

I post on the BOI but very carefully. I primarily post there of positive transaction to help other herp consumeres find their way to responsible breeders/dealers. I also rely on others input on the BOI to aid me in my choices.

So I read a lot, post a little and keep my head low.