FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Starting a breeding project
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by crum3290 View Post
Hi This is chad

Im new to the forum but i just wanted to ask a question that i can't seem to figure out on my own. Im trying to start a new project and i have a male Retic that is a tiger and he is Het for Genetic stripe. I have been messing around with punnett squares and I'm trying to find the best female that would give me a cool variation. Note: this is my first retic project so it doesn't have to be anything super fancy. Im just looking for some help with some examples where lets say if i bought an albino lavender, what are the offspring going to look like.
I like the idea of getting an albio thus het for G.S. as well.

What do you guys think?
I am not into retics myself, but this is a hard question for others to answer. Let me explain why this is. Breeding should be done for your enjoyment and therefor your choice of what to breed what to. Getting ideas from others doesn't make it as personal. If you want retic albinos het G.S, then that is what you should breed for. Everyone has, or should have, a goal of what offspring they would like to produce, depending on if the offspring are needed for future breeding, to sell to offset cost of what you really want or just to breed for something you would like to have in your collection. Put into consideration how easy it would be to obtain a retic like what you are wanting to breed for. Something you may be able to do is tell us what you really are looking for or wanting to produce and maybe some people could chime in to let you know the best way to reach that goal. Best of luck!