FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!*
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #1620
KyleZ
Being 'around' when Ashley first began acquiring snakes, reading her forum posts, it was obvious to many of us what her intentions were from the very start. Constantly compulsively buying up morphs, bragging about how much tax-return / disability money she could sink into them, then bragging about how much her investment would return her either by breeding in the near future or flipping the animals for profit. It was the classic "hey lets get rich off snake morphs!!11!!1" scheme. I think most intelligent and responsible hobbyists know how that inevitably turns out. It was never about the welfare of the animals or ethics in any trade, in any sense (her self-admitted actions continually prove this).

Now Ashley and Ryan are apparently on the outs in their relationship, so Ryan is seeing this all as humorous, coming in and flaming up the thread, dropping a few bombs here and there, then laughing as he irks everyone by shirking all responsibility to the ugly situation he and his wife have built over the past 2 years. To his credit, I do believe it was his wife who led the way and really did the damage, Ryan was her enabler, providing finances, agreeing to turning their home into an abusive, infected snake hoarding operation; being led around to push the baby stroller at the shows, act as her barking chihuahua every now and then. I'm sure he was always re-assured along the way by his lovely wife that they were "gonna git rich off these suckers!" He is very young, and hopefully he's learned some major lessons off all this.

Now, obviously everything has fallen apart, every dealing they have done with anyone in the hobby has turned out acrimonious, cheated or at least very shady, and various snakes have lost their lives (often in horrible ways, i.e. healthy retic in a cooler during a drunken party). Ashley is effectively blacklisted or at least shunned by all but the nastiest or most ignorant characters in most public reptile forums and shows. We hear once in a while that she pops up at shows or tries to do hidden deals with unknowing victims, and this is unfortunate, yet hopefully her finances won't allow her to continue this tornado of ugly drama on the reptile hobby.