FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Paul Weaver- Carolina Herps Great Guy
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
bluesbayou
Thumbs up Paul Weaver- Carolina Herps Great Guy

I received a pair of tangerine hodurans from Paul this week. They were packed great, we even waited until the weather broke a bit as to insure that the snakes would have no issues with the cold. That is the mark of someone who cares for his animals.
On top of all of this, the snakes were free. That's right, Free. All I paid was shipping.
I had e-mailed Paul while I was still in Iraq to see how fast this type was selling so I could plan on some of the projects I wanted to start when I got home. I had e-mailed alot of people asking this and that. Some people agreed to hold animals for me, some just gave a standard "let's see what I have when you get home". (note I have no problems with ANY of the responses I got - it's business and I understand that..). I bought ALOT of animals when I got home and I have sales that still haven't arived yet... Paul went one step further and told me to contact him when I got home and he would give me a pair for the cost of shipping. I thought he was kidding and alloted the full cost of the pair in my "I'm home and I want to buy a buch of snakes" fund.
I got home and contacted Paul for a total on the pair and he quoted $25. If it wasn't for the fact that I am a Marine - I would have cried. It's not the fact that he gave me a pair of realy nice snakes, I give alot of babies away to schools.. It was the fact that he did it as a thank you for what I do. Now that all the hoopla of this war has settled down a bit it does me proud that people are still willing to do little things for us in the Millitary.
I will never profit from this pair of snakes. All of their babies will be donated to schools and local learning centers as my thank you to Paul.
Paul, again, thank you and Semper Fi.
Blue ( GySgt / USMC )