FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Making a new site...Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #47
Stardust
Actually there are plenty of free places to get templates and there are places where you pay a fee and can get all the templates or what ever you need off the site and there are places where they sell pre-made templates individually. People just change what they want to make their site unique, it is not uncommon practice to use any of these methods.
As far as software, when Morpheus won that lawsuit a few years back on sharing MP3 music( they are in another dispute again with radio now) that pretty much opened up the ballfield and tightened down how people make their software.
One can still go on sites like Morpheus and download software for free. However, the newer software people have gotten smarter about it, for instance, I have adobe photoshop suite (I bought it) it allows for (if I remember correctly) four copies to be made but you must punch in the activation code with every copy and then Adobe has to approve it. So technically it is OK to share especially the older softwares. Where the problem runs in with that is that instead of people buying say the full version at 1k they would only be buying the updated version at like 300. It would apply to any other programs. I have the newer frontpage too but I see 7.0 and lower running free all over the place.