FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2003, 04:49 PM   #7
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Ritchie,

Tim wanted to use Airborne but I have had bad prior experiences and since my friend works at UPS my animals have always arrived early because I stay in touch when I am being shipped.

Danny,

I was told the animal was fine.

In the last e-mail I received from Tim he states that "The fastest shipping option offered by UPS is a noon delivery time and that is the way you wanted it shipped. I complied as per the terms of our agreement. You also stated that your neighbor worked for UPS and would ensure it arrived to you by 830 am. It didn't despite your insistence that it would. It actually arrived at 901 am your time."

First I never asked to have my animal delivered by noon. C'mon...July? Noon? 95 degrees.

Second I never said my neighbor would make sure it arrived by 8:30. He is a friend and I don't know where he lives. I have said that he gets me my packages early but have never given a specific time.

After spending a lot of time at the vets the last two days this is what they have come up with so far:

The animal definately DID NOT get the way it is because of shipping. I have two different vets that have stated this. The emeralds bloodsugar, glucose, and proteins were almost non-exhistant. From all of the tests they say the liver is not functioning well and the animal suffers from severe dehydration and is hypoglycemic. They also said that you could not feed an emerald for months and it's glocose wouldn't be that low so there are some serious problems with this animal. When they drew blood they first got a bunch of clear fluid...not blood. They said this is from being 'over hydrated' to compensate for the dehydration.

The vet just called me and the wet material from inside the shipping box was sent to a lab in miami and there were NO traces of urine, fecal matter, or even crystals on the pillowcase or newspaper. So they believe it was rehydrating fluid from the animal.