FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Someone sell me on rosy boas
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #5
Harold of the Rocks
Rosy's aren't for everyone. Rosy's can be really mellow or really nippy , If you're into high dollar morphs without a care where the original stock was found... these probably aren't for you and you wont make millions with rosy's, but enough to pay for your mice and a couple new locality's a year is very doable
That being said if you are a fan of naturally occurring variations over a relatively small portion of the world it doesn't get any better. After several years of breeding different species for the last 10 years i almost exclusively breed rosy's and wouldn't have it any other way. For me to go travel down into their habitat once or twice a year (rarely seeing wild individuals) looking at how they live and spending time in several of their locality's here and Mexico i have a great appreciation for them.
I really like the tight nit group of locality rosy fanciers, we are a little fanatical about our locality's but not as bad as those grey band guys.
I think the best example i can give is to go onto the localityrosys website and look at the localitys page, if the variations there move you this may be a uncontrollable addiction for you, or... Meh these little slugs are weird and move on.