FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - "Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark.
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
WebSlave
"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark.

To anyone interested and/or perhaps directly liable, I am in the process of tracking down and investigating infringements on my trademark. I am discussing options with my trademark attorney at this time concerning the infringements already located. I really don't care that people will try to duplicate the context of my Board Of Inquiry forums for their own purposes, but I DO care about the use of a term in that pursuit that I have built to mean something to a lot of people in this industry.

As my trademark attorney told me, enforcing my trademark is really not optional. Not doing so means I lose the right to it. Obviously I have no intention of letting anyone wrest this away from me. So to those who have tried jumping onto the coattails of my trademark and in at least some cases have lowered the standard for what I am striving for with that mark, damaging my mark in the process, please consider the liability you are subjecting yourself to. If you do not voluntarily relinquish the use of my trademark, you CAN be forced to do so with the likelihood of rather expensive litigation and penalties being involved.

"Board of Inquiry®" is a federally registered trademark. I suggest that you read up on exactly what that means to anyone infringing on that trademark. You are violating federal law.