FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jamaican Boas Breeding
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 08:25 AM   #73
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjej View Post
This is a great thread. Nice work. How long have you been keeping the species? Have you been keeping track of your parameters - both parents and offspring - such as temperatures, light cycles, humidity, etc? Perhaps you will see a pattern that can help both with your current feeding issues and future husbandry.
Ambient temperatures are a 72-78 range with an 85-90 degree hot spot for all animals. Humidity is a steady 65%. For breeding adults, I shut off the hotspot heat and decrease light by one hour per month until it is down to eight hours of light per day, then bring it up by the same increments until it is back to 12 in the spring.

Because there are only three left not eating, it is difficult to determine any differences for them, but any minor differences should be rectified by moving them into my best feeders' cages, assuming that the problem is environmental. If that doesn't work, I am forced to assume that the problem is these indiclvidual snakes. Perhaps these three are just pickier eaters and will need lizards after all.