FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Jamaican Boas Breeding
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #150
cguarino30
Yeah, that's always frustrating. It makes me wish I could just explain things to them. You're an apex predator. This is your food. You're supposed to eat it. Go on, eat it.

The anoles arrived today. I have placed a small one with one non-feeder, a medium one with the other non-feeder, and a fully grown one with the one who has already eaten three adult anoles. Fingers crossed that I wake up to three fat snakes tomorrow. Even the medium anole is noticeably smaller than the adult anoles I was feeding before, so if it was a size issue, this should take care of it. If the two non-feeders still refuse to eat even the small, live anoles, then the future does not look good for these two.

I have separated out about 40 live anoles to keep alive for the time being, just in case these guys start eating anoles but give me trouble transitioning to frozen ones. The rest I have frozen for future use. With 100 anoles, I should be able to keep these three going for some time, and hopefully more than long enough to get them switched onto something more available.