FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - usark lawsuit
Thread: usark lawsuit
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #12
rodneynboalich
The whole interstate commerce issue will come down to the legal interpretation of (continental united States )....not sure I'd want to base a case on 3 words....

Also not sure why it was posted that what I want usark to do isn't possible or don't make sense...especially when usark have their arbitrary and capricious part of their case which is based around getting the snakes removed from the lacey act.....

I think my point was missed.....which was again....either usark loses the interstate commerce case and the snakes stay on the lacey act and the courts rule fws can regulate interstate commerce

Or usark wins the interstate commerce case and the snakes stay on the lacey but the court rules that fws under 18 usc 42 can't regulate interstate commerce...so fws will be forced to get the lacey act amended to be able to regulate interstate commerce...which will mean with the snakes still on the lacey act they and will go right back to not being able to go across state lines again....

This issue could be a avoided by winning the arbitrary and capricious part of usarks case. ..but 9f usark isn't focused on that part of their case they are putting the industry at a risk