FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - NERD supports Voids and plays with them
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #85
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
A large constritor being a 5 foot ball or carpet killing someone, come on!
You aren't helping your case here Gary by belittling others' posts. I said that a five foot constrictor can kill someone if it wraps quickly around the neck. In fact, a smaller one can. It only takes two coils. Do the arithmetic. Two coils on an 18 inch neck is...ummm 36 inches (that's all of three feet). I didn't say it was likely, what I said was that it could happen. I also said that if you do get neck wrapped by a constrictor you will be down and dead before you can get to the phone to call 911. With a venomous bite if you get medical attention you are likely to survive.

Now you want to doubt my story that's fine. I could care less whether you believe it or not. My point was that many people are quite cavalier about how they handle reptiles, hot or not, and that the problem is not limited to one group.

As for recognizing the people in the picture, please forgive the ignorant among us who did not. I don't make it a practice of knowing what NERD's staff and ownership look like, and to ASSume that anyone does is well...you can fill in the blank.