FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Unused forums
Thread: Unused forums
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
It was brought up before, what about for the reptile discussion sections, how about just merging them all into one since most are not used very much any longer instead of specifically removing the less used ones?

Just condense all three majors into the one over-all topic:
Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums
Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums

Even maybe
General Interest Forums into just two: General BS and "Hell"

just a thought
I think it will eventually get that way, but I think I should make the transition gradual, based on lack of use of individual forums. They would be consolidated into other forums, not just have the threads deleted.

For instance I could consolidate all of the colubrids into a forum, as well as all types of boids. That sort of thing.

Likely sooner or later the entire structure will be overhauled in order to make more sense of such consolidations and removal of the number of forums not catching the interest of the membership.

I would prefer treading carefully with something like this so that members who are actively using particular forums don't get slapped in the face regardless of their attempted support.

Of course, as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow, some members will complain about such a consolidation with the claim that one or more topics are dominating the conversations and they have to search through three pages to find the topic animal they are interested in. And requesting "Can we have a separate forum for __________ (fill in the blank)? It is too hard for me to find what I am interested in!"